Join us for the vernissage of the exhibit 'Words are very unnecessary', the latest collaboration between photographer Howard Brundrett and Möbel Kollektiv Basel.
His powerful, mist-shrouded images hint at a dystopian future, with an empty chair bearing witness to the melting glaciers of the Alps. The photographs are accompanied by lyrical text, which speaks to the need to act (rather than empty words).
This exhibition combines stunning photography with an underlying story of our changing climate, with a hint of playfulness and hope.
Howard Brundrett brings more than two decades of international experience as a photographer, working from the days of polaroids and film to the latest in digital equipment. Howard works extensively in Europe and North America. His images are used in a variety of mediums from corporate reports, websites, social media, advertising and print to internal and external communications.
Möbel Kollektiv Basel is a social enterprise and online platform that connects people to local furniture businesses selling vintage, pre-owned design and handcrafted pieces from reclaimed materials. It is a project by the ecochair.ch association , which has a mission to inspire sustainable living choices through repair and re-use of furniture.
Howard Brundrett and the ecochair.ch association previously collaborated on the Chairish exhibition.
Vernissage COVID-19 measures:
- We are allowing 10 people at a time into the exhibition area, which is a corner of the restaurant that is cordoned off.
- Please select a time-slot for your visit (entry is free)
- If you miss your slot or bring extra guests, we may still be able to accomodate you. If the exhibition area is full, we'll have a waitlist and let people in as space becomes available.
- Drinks must be consumed sitting down.
- Masks must be worn while standing or walking inside the venue
- The Swiss government announced that as of 13 September, COVID certificates are required for indoor restaurants, so you will be required to show your certificate to enter the venue.